Malaffi was recognised with its first award – The ZIMAM-Elsevier ‘Digital Health Transformation Project of the Year 2020-2021’, an initiative of the GCC Taskforce on Workplace Development in Digital Healthcare Conference.
The ZIMAM Award, in collaboration with Elsevier, aims to recognise and honour the best players in digital health. The Award is given to organisations that demonstrate the highest quality in eHealth and as a result, have achieved transformations within the region’s healthcare sector – an ambition that resonates closely with the one of Malaffi, which makes receiving such an award so important.
Malaffi received the accolade in recognition of multiple success criteria, including:
- The successful journey demonstrated in connecting of 98% of the Emirate’s hospitals and 93% of all patient episodes in less than two years since the first go-live
- High clinician’s satisfaction rates with proven benefits to the healthcare system
- Added value to the efforts of handling COVID19
- International awards and recognitions on data privacy and security
- High caliber eHealth workforce
This year, with an emphasis on digital health workforce development, the event organisers were particularly focused on highlighting excellence within the healthcare ecosystem that has effectively deployed information technology to improve clinical, administrative, financial, and organisational performance.
This award stands as another testament to the leadership of the Department of Health- Abu Dhabi and Malaffi in the digital health domain in the GCC region and a great motivation for the team to keep working tirelessly to improve healthcare in Abu Dhabi.